George s. corbyn, jr.
PROFESSIONAL memberships and organizations:
- Oklahoma Bar Association, 1973 (Litigation Section)
- Oklahoma County Bar Association (Director, 1978-81; 1989-91)
- American Bar Association (Litigation Section)
- Fellow of the American College of Trial Lawyers
- Chambers USA – America’s Leading Lawyers for Business (2016) (Band 1 – Leading Individuals in Litigation, General Commercial)
- The Best Lawyers in America - “Bet the Company Litigation” and “Commercial Litigation”
- Oklahoma Super Lawyer, Top 10 (2006-2016)
- Oklahoma Lawyers for Children
- Oklahoma County Bar Association
George Corbyn is one of the most experienced and seasoned trial lawyers in Oklahoma, with more than 43 years’ experience. His practice focuses on representing clients in all aspects of business related litigation, including cases dealing with oil and gas issues, business torts, securities, professional malpractice, and complex commercial disputes. George has represented a variety of clients, including public and private companies, governmental agencies and boards, and individuals.
George is a Fellow of the American College of Trial Lawyers and is included in Chambers USA – America’s Leading Lawyers for Business (2016) (Band 1 – Leading Individuals in Litigation, General Commercial); The Best Lawyers in America for both “Bet the Company Litigation” and “Commercial Litigation”; and Oklahoma Super Lawyers (2006 - 2016).
According to the cover story in Oklahoma Super Lawyers 2016, Corbyn is "widely known as one of the most formidable bet-the-company trial lawyers in the state, with well-honed storytelling skills and a courtroom charisma that persuades jurors and judges. He has wrangled multimillion-dollar plaintiff's verdicts for commercial disputes, and successfully defended public and private companies; government agencies; and individuals in complex oil and gas, securities and professional malpractice issues."
He received his juris doctorate from the University of Oklahoma in 1973 and his B.A. from Stanford University in 1970.
George is admitted to practice in all Oklahoma Courts, the U.S. District Courts for the Western, Northern and Eastern Districts of Oklahoma, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit, and the United States Supreme Court.
His opinions include:
- Douglas v. Miller et. al, 2012 WL 1066129 (W.D. Okla. March 29, 2012)
- MCC Management of Naples, Inc. v. International Bancshares Corp., 2012 WL 19654 (10th Cir. 2012)
- Cimarron River Ranch, LLC v. State of Oklahoma, ex rel. The Commissioner of the Land Office et al., 2011 OK CIV APP 60, 261 P.3d 606
- In re: COXCOM, Inc. v. Oklahoma Secondary Schools Athletic Association, et al., 2006 OK CIV APP 107, 143 P.3d 525
- CFS Related Securities Fraud Litigation, 256 F.Supp. 2d 1227 (N.D. Okla. 2003)
- Marlin Oil Co. v. Barby Energy Corp., 2002 OK CIV APP 92, 55 P.3d 446
- State of Oklahoma v. Dudman, 1999 OK 48, 981 P.2d 314
- Dyco Petroleum Corp. v. Mesa Operating Co., 935 F.Supp. 1193 (W.D. Okla. 1996)
- Cantrell v. United States Soccer Federation, 1996 OK CIV APP 81, 924 P.2d 789
- Scales v. Sonic Industries Inc., 887 F.Supp. 1435 (E.D. Okla. 1995)
- Box v. Cornish, 1994 OK CIV APP, 889 P.2d 1282
- Pack v. Santa Fe Minerals, 1994 OK 23, 869 P.2d 323
- Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation v. Regier, Carr & Monroe, 996 F.2d 222 (10th Cir.1993)
- Powell v. American Casualty Company, 772 F.Supp. 1188 (W.D. Okla. 1991)
- Big Four Petroleum Co. v. Quirk, 1988 OK 21, 755 P.2d 632
- McKinnon v. Cairns, 698 F. Supp. 852 (W.D. Okla.1988)
- Ellison v. An-Son Corp., 1987 OK CIV APP 71, 751 P.2d 1102
- Ellison v. Gray, 1985 OK 35, 702 P.2d 360
- Hoyt v. Continental Oil Company, 1980 OK 1, 606 P.2d 560
- R.J. Enstrom Corporation v. Interceptor Corporation, 555 F.2d 277 (10th Cir. 1977)
- U.S. v. Haala, 532 F.2d 1324 (10th Cir. 1976)