Joe M. Hampton
- Leadership in Law Award (Oklahoma County Bar Association, 2006)
- Outstanding Young Lawyer (Oklahoma Bar Association, 1989)
Professional Memberships and Organizations:
- Oklahoma Bar Association, 1986 (Litigation and ADR Sections)
- Oklahoma County Bar Association
- American Bar Association (Litigation, Dispute Resolution & Franchising Sections)
- Best Lawyers in America
- Chambers USA – America’s Leading Lawyers for Business
- Oklahoma Super Lawyer (Top 50)
Joe Hampton has extensive experience as a litigator, mediator, and arbitrator. Joe represents clients as lead counsel in complex jury trials, non-jury trials, and arbitration hearings. His clients include public and private companies, governmental agencies and boards, and individuals. Joe's ADR experience includes mediating multi-million dollar, multi-party claims, as well as serving as a sole arbitrator, panel member, and chair in a variety of arbitration cases. Joe regularly participates in ADR programs, including the ABA's Advanced Meditation and Advocacy Institute.
Joe received his juris doctorate, with honors, from the University of Oklahoma in 1986 (Chief Note Editor, Oklahoma Law Review) and his B.B.A. from the University of Oklahoma in 1983 (Business Management).
He is admitted to practice in all Oklahoma Courts, the U.S. District Courts for the Western, Northern and Eastern Districts of Oklahoma, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit, and the United States Supreme Court.
Joe’s published cases include:
- Ada Electric Cars, LLC v. Kemp, et al., 2012 OK 110, 294 P.3d 448
- Scales v. Sonic Industries Inc., 887 F.Supp. 1435 (E.D. Okla. 1995)
- Pack v. Santa Fe Minerals, 1994 OK 23, 869 P.2d 323
- Walker v. City of Moore, 1992 OK 112, 836 P.2d 1289
- Biggs v. Surrey Broadcasting Co., 1991 OK CIV APP 40, 811 P.2d 111
- Oklahoma Tax Commission v. International Registration Plan, 264 F.Supp. 2d 990 (W.D. Okla. 2003)